Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Sexy eHow Blog with Answers



Hello, eHow writers and readers!

This is khrista, dedicated eHow writer and blogger in general, with yet another eHow passive income blog. Why, you say? Why another eHow blog?

Because the Sexy eHow Blog will have the answers.

I've seen many a blog that doesn't really answer the basic questions eHow writers have:

1. What are the ins and outs of keyword research?
2. Do the big eHow earners promote, and if so, where?
3. Is it more lucrative for me to promote or to write, write, write?
4. Does being active in eHow forums matter to my bottom line?

All other questions, I have found, are offshoots of these four. So these are the four I will attempt to answer, with your help. My accounts can serve as really good control group guinea pigs, from which I can report changes and the financial response to those changes. Here's the long and short of why:

I. I'm a decent writer. I know I've got some crap posted, but when I put my mind to it, I'm not a BAD writer. Here's an example. (Financial Article) So you can rule out me not making money because my grammar's bad or my how tos are impossible to follow. Very important variable to control.

II. My accounts are big. As of this writing, I have 2 accounts with 353 articles written on various topics (real estate, dating, teen stuff). This controls the variable of writing about unpopular things.

III. I don't currently promote, nor am I especially active in the eHow forums. I don't respond to mass article emails, or personal messages, unless they're really PMs addressed to me. I don't do this to be mean, but rather to start from a position of seeing what part of income is attributable to keyword stuff and what part is attributable to promotion.

IV. I have no special training in SEO or keyword research. This is important because I'm probably like most of you, checking the blogs of the top earners and seeing them making $20/day on 67 articles. Currently, I make about $6/day on over 300. Big difference. Because I'm starting from a position where all my earnings are on autopilot and not attributable to my skill, it'll be easy to tell how better keyword techniques improve my bottom line, and I'll be able to note exactly which techniques worked.

The one uncontrollable variable is that I've only been writing on eHow for 4 months, which I hear is not time enough to let articles fully "mature." I'll try to separate this phenomenon from the active changes I make.

So let's start with today's (10/21/2009) earnings, the control point in this experiment.

10/21/2009.
353 articles.
Made $8.94 today.
That translates to $268.20 a month, assuming a 30 day month.
Top Khrista Article: How to Choose Individual Health Insurance Plans

My first improvement will be to research long tail keywords and niche markets. This will answer a piece of question 1. We'll see how I do. Sexy Blog out.

No comments:

Post a Comment